TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Important: please read the conditions of entry before you download your application form. Please tick the box on the application page to agree to the terms.
- You MUST be a member of Welcome to Yorkshireto be eligible to enter the 2018 White Rose Awards.
- New businesses, providing they have been in operation for the entire period highlighted in point 3, are eligible to submit entries into all relevant award categories.
- The 2018 awards relates to the 12-month period of business between 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018.
- Shortlisted businessesin the following 6 categories: ‘Large Hotel', ‘Small Hotel', ‘B&B/Guest Accommodation', ‘Pub', ‘Restaurant' and ‘Inn and Restaurant with Rooms, Taste of Yorkshire' must agree to waive the costs associated with the mystery shopper visit exercise required for the final judging. Typically, this will include overnight accommodation (Hotels and B&B/Guest Accommodation categories only) food and drink etc.
Please contact Claudine Shaw on 07769 257 383 for clarification if required.
- All submissions must be made using the official entry forms found at:
- If shortlisted as a finalist will receive a letter in June informing you of your success and you will be required to submit a hard copy of your application. This should take the form of a lightweight plastic 2 ring binder file with your completed entry form, together with six individual pieces of supporting documentation. Please ensure you have a record of your online submission as the additional copy will need to be identical.
The hard copy must be sent in the post to Claudine Shaw.
- 7. Please note that the name you submit in the section “Name of Property/Business” will be how your entry will be referred to in the press, programme and at the actual award ceremony itself.
- 8. When submitting a Business location, please remember this will be how your entry will be referred to in the press, programme and at the actual award ceremony itself. We reserve the right to ‘regionalise’ your location in the interest of public geographical knowledge!
- Please choose your supporting documentation carefully, ensuring any brochures, printed materials, guest comments, press cuttings are for the relevant 12-month period and do not exceed more than 6 carefully selected pieces.
- Businesses can only enter one category plus Outstanding Customer Service. Judges reserve the right to switch the category should they wish to shortlist your business, but feel it would be better in a different category. You will be notified of this.
- Accommodation entries do not need to be accredited by VisitBritain or any quality assessment scheme.
- Those businesses shortlisted will be entitled to brief feedback, if requested, within 14 days from the date of the awards ceremony.
- There will no longer be any automatic shortlisting from any other sub-regional awards.