1. Who Can Enter?
Applications are sought from any pubs which are confident in their high-quality offer to customers. If accommodation is provided it will not be judged as part of this award.
This award looks to celebrate the Yorkshire pub that demonstrates the qualities that are to be found in the very best of our public houses. This might be demonstrated by: the range and variety of drinks that are available, the exceptional levels of service on offer, the fabric and décor of the establishment, or the role that it might plays in the local community. It might be a true ‘local’ or a place that appeals because of its specialisms (real ale, gin etc).
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
• The quality and range of beverages (alcoholic and soft drinks) available
• Knowledge of staff about the products served
• Engagement of staff with the customer
• The quality of the overall customer experience
• The warmth of welcome – ‘going that extra mile’
• A fitting ambience in decor, seating and lighting
• Community-based activities/interactions (eg social events, quizzes and fundraising)
• How the pub is celebrating its Yorkshire location