Yorkshire tourism recovery plan business meeting
Many of you have already started to send in your thoughts, concerns and questions for the recovery stage of Yorkshire tourism.
There is a thirst for action but there are still more questions than answers as to when and what tourism across the region will look like as the restrictions start to lift and beyond.
To help us begin these conversations we were delighted to hear from the panel below, who all brought their own expertise on certain areas of Yorkshire tourism to the table. The panel consisted of:
- Dan Bates - CEO at Sheffield Theatres
- Nicky Chance-Thompson DL - CEO at The Piece Hall Trust
- Sir Thomas Ingilby – Owner of Ripley Castle Estate and Chair of the Yorkshire's Great Houses, Castles and Gardens
- Wayne Topley - Managing Director at Cedar Court Hotels & Chairman of the Leeds Hoteliers Association.
- Katy Duke – CEO at The Deep
- Susan Briggs - Dales Tourism
- Sue Nelson - Yorkshire Food Finder
- Henri Murison - Northern Powerhouse Director
- Emily Moncuit – CBI Associate Regional Director, Yorkshire and the Humber
We thank the full panel for giving us their time to talk about many important issues affecting the Yorkshire tourism industry. If you have any further questions for us, or any of the panel, please send them through to email@example.com or tweet us at @WTYmembership and we will get back to you shortly.
One of the key over-arching messages from the webinar was that Yorkshire tourism is stronger if we work together. So let's continue to do that and together we will get through this and thrive in the future.