Useful links for Businesses across Yorkshire
To help you during the COVID-19 outbreak we’ve compiled information regarding national, regional and local support that is available to businesses.
For recent insight into occupancy levels across Yorkshire’s key destinations please read these research reports from 2019.
A new ‘support finder’ tool from the UK Government will help businesses and self-employed people across the UK to quickly and easily determine what financial support is available to them during the coronavirus pandemic.
Guidance on Further Businesses & Premises to Close Updated 23 March 2020
- Tourism industry
The below changes were made to the Coronavirus Business Loans Scheme (CBILS):
- It is being extended so that all viable small businesses affected by COVID-19, and not just those unable to secure regular commercial financing, will now be eligible.
- The Government is also stopping lenders from requesting personal guarantees for loans under £250,000 and making operational changes to speed up lending approvals.
- A new Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS) is being introduced whereby the Government will provide guarantees of up to 80%, to enable banks to make loans of up to £25 million, to firms with an annual turnover of between £45 million and £500 million.
Staying Safe Outside your Home Published 11 May 2020
Coronavirus Outbreak FAQs: What you can and can't do Updated 11 May 2020
Working Safely During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updated 11 May 2020
WTY and Recovery Plan – link to other pages
Keep up to date with advice from the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) in Yorkshire and the Humber via their Twitter account. Updates and advice for your business are also available via the FSB website.
Local Enterprise Partnerships are local public and private sector partnerships that offer business support and guidance for businesses across the region. Find your local LEP below:
Visit your local authority’s business support webpages via the links below. We’ve also included links to other organisations providing support in your area.
- City of York Council
- Craven District Council
- Hambleton District Council
- Richmondshire District Council
- Ryedale District Council
- Subscribe to Ryedale Council’s tourism newsletter here.
- Find out more about support for tourism businesses.
- For Malton and Norton businesses offering delivery, sign up to Malton Delivers.
- Scarborough Borough Council
- Keep updated with tourism updates in the area from Discover Yorkshire Coast.
- North Yorkshire County Council is also sharing useful information for businesses in the area.
- North Yorkshire County Council encourage all businesses to share their recruitment campaign with their staff, friends and family.
- See if your business is eligible to be listed on the North Yorkshire Buy Local website.
- Redcar and Cleveland Business Support
- Selby District Council Business Support