Media Centre & Media Enquiries
Championing Yorkshire tourism
Forget flat caps and whippets, Yorkshire is a contemporary destination which hasn't neglected its roots. Welcome to Yorkshire has created a fresh, dynamic view of the UK's largest county with its innovative marketing and PR campaigns, not forgetting its contagious enthusiasm which has garnered fans of Yorkshire from across the globe.
Our award winning team has achieved this by being creative and forward thinking but more importantly by working closely with members and partners to build a new confidence in the county.
Marie Christopher - Director of Communications
Direct Line: 0113 322 3537
Mobile: 07557 157034
Nick Howes - Head of Sports Media
Direct Line: 0113 322 3505
Mobile: 07590 964 828
Alice Bailey - Senior Press Officer
Direct Line: 0113 322 3563
Mobile: 07711 221 068
Carolyn Nicoll - Senior Press Officer
Direct Line: 0113 322 3577
Mobile: 07719 673 029
Lauren Mackenzie - Press Officer
Direct Line: 0113 322 3578
Rebecca Penston - Press Officer
(on maternity leave)
Becky Kay - Junior Press Officer
Direct Line: 0113 322 3566
- Yorkshire is England’s largest county with a population bigger than Scotland.
- Yorkshire is home to three national parks (North York Moors National Park, Yorkshire Dales National Park and Peak District National Park).
More people are visiting Yorkshire than ever before (source: Visit Britain)
- Record breaking numbers of visitors are coming to Yorkshire.
- 12% increase in inbound visits from July to September 2016 to 476,098 compared with the same quarter in 2015.
- Overnight stays also up by a huge 21% to 4.9 million – the highest ever for a July to September period in Yorkshire.
- Spend also up 14% to £194 million.