Sponsorship Manager at Welcome to Yorkshire
Welcome to Yorkshire is looking for a bright, ambitious Sponsorship Manager who can maximise the burgeoning demand for association with its core brand.
We work with a number of businesses whose core values closely reflect our own.
The Sponsorship Manager will be responsible for recruiting new Y30 members, as well as looking for businesses wishing to align themselves to Welcome to Yorkshire’s key events, including Y Conference, Great Yorkshire Show and White Rose Awards.
Our Y30 Members Club is a group of Yorkshire based businesses who are ambitious, innovative and passionate about Yorkshire. Y30 represents the perfect opportunity for businesses to build brand awareness, generate business and maximise exposure to the UK's fastest growing sector.
The role is key to generating significant private sector investment with an exciting and innovative blend of traditional sponsorship, new and imaginative associations as well as partnerships and collaborations that will see joint marketing and promotional activity of mutual benefit.
Reporting directly to the Head of Strategic Partnerships, you will be a team member of one of the world's best marketing teams.
Role: Sponsorship Manager
Reporting to: Head of Strategic Partnerships
Salary: Competitive salary including commission scheme
Key Role: To develop and deliver private sector sponsorship investment in Welcome to Yorkshire
- Identify and target key businesses and brands which will benefit from association with the Welcome to Yorkshire brand
- Actively seek possible new businesses and brands to join the Welcome to Yorkshire Y30 Club
- Identify and continually update prospect list
- Negotiate sponsorships of WTY Events (including but not limited to: Y Conference, Great Yorkshire Show, White Rose Awards) and review all deals
- Manage sponsor expectations and ensure all sponsorships are fulfilled efficiently
- Prepare annual partnership proposals for sponsors and Y30 partners where required, and ensure all rights and benefits are fulfilled accordingly
- Assist Head of Strategic Partnerships with recruitment of Tour de Yorkshire sponsors where appropriate
- Take ownership of account management of small number of Tour de Yorkshire sponsors, with guidance from Head of Strategic Partnerships
- Attendance at WTY events & external partner events and dinners
- To perform other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility
- Manage the programme of Y30 Dinners ensuring venues are appropriate and booked in advance
- Manage the various hospitality events hosted for Y30 partners, (including but not limited to: Ebor, Scarborough Cricket Festival, Tour de France, Tour de Yorkshire)
- Assist Partnerships Manager with account management of the Y30 Club when support required
- A qualification in marketing, sales, advertisement, business administration, or a related field of study
- Two years of sponsorship, sales and marketing or account experience
- Good professionalism, verbal, written, listening and public speaking skills
- Must be very well organised with strong time management skills
To apply please email Chris Powell firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 12th October.