Job title: Site Overlay Manager
Reporting to: Harrogate Venue Manager
Salary bracket: £30,000-£35,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Contract Type: Fixed term: March-October 2019
Application close date: 17 Feb 2019 (23:59)
In September 2019, the world’s best cyclists will travel to Yorkshire for the UCI Road World Championships (the ‘Championships’), the pinnacle event in the international road cycling calendar. The Championships will include a range of men’s and women’s races, across age groups from junior to elite, starting in different towns and cities throughout Yorkshire and each finishing in the main competition town of Harrogate.
It will be the first time that Britain has hosted the UCI Road World Championships since 1982 and Yorkshire is aiming to deliver the most inclusive, innovative and inspiring Championships possible. The Championships will run from 21-29 September 2019 and will commence with a ground-breaking para-cycling event which will act as a qualifier for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. The races will feature every Paralympic road racing discipline and take place in front of one of the largest crowds ever assembled for an elite para-cycling event.
The event presents significant size, scale and complexity and will be one of the biggest international sporting events to be hosted in the UK in the coming years. Yorkshire 2019 Ltd (‘Y2019’) has been established as the organisation responsible for the delivery of the event. The Championships cover nine days of consecutive events. Harrogate will be the main host town throughout this period, providing both the finish point for every race and all central race operations. The majority of the facilities at the finish line will be temporary based on the parkland of The Stray, Harrogate.
Yorkshire 2019 Ltd is recruiting a Site Overlay Manager to lead the planning, delivery, operation and removal of all temporary facilities and utilities within Harrogate. The main zones are centred around The Stray and will be formed from temporary facilities and utilities for all stakeholders including athletes, team support, broadcast, media, VIP, spectators and all associated operations. The Site Overlay Manager will be working within the Harrogate venue team which includes a senior Venue Manager, a Fan Zone Manager, an Event Safety Officer and associated team during the build/operational phases of the Championships as well as working closely with colleagues across the wider team to ensure coordinated, efficient and effective planning and delivery of the Championships. The role is predominantly based in Harrogate, with some time required in the Event’s HQ in Leeds.
2019 ROAD WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS YORKSHIRE, GREAT BRITAIN
Expanding on the Role Overview above, The Site Overlay Manager will:
• Working from initial site plans, create the final, detailed site plans for temporary overlay in Harrogate.
• Prepare and issue drawings, technical documentation, schedules etc in liaison with all stakeholder groups, including UCI and Broadcasters.
• Establish and manage relationships with suppliers, contractors, clients, UCI, broadcasters and stakeholders.
• Work closely with the Principal Contractor and all suppliers to co-ordinate and manage the site build, operation and de-rig.
• Capture and collate all stakeholder space, utility, FF&E and services requirements; provide suitable solutions, agree levels of service and ensure those requirements are delivered.
• Work with colleagues and partners in the scoping, development and delivery of venue operating plans including safety, licensing and Venue facility maintenance.
• Work with Event Safety Officer and Principal Contractor to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements of the site build and operations.
• Contribute to and deliver the Event Services Operations Plan including waste collection, deliveries, toilet pump out etc.
• Support the branding team to create required wayfinding, look and feel of the site;
• Work with Harrogate Venue Manager, the Event Safety Officer, local SAGs and licensing to ensure the safety of all stakeholders.
• At Championships time be part of the site team providing operational support across the venue.
• Assist with the recruitment and management of additional site team required at build and event time.
• Proven experience in the design, planning, construction and operations of world class sporting/event venues.
• Proven experience of leading and delivering temporary infrastructure projects.
• Knowledge and experience of technical requirements and facilities required for major international sports competitions.
• Demonstrate strong technical, site management & planning skills.
• Good knowledge of the events industry including an understanding of local authority processes, licencing requirements and site construction.
• Experience in producing technical drawings, specifications, schedules and technical documents.
Key competencies and behaviour
• Versatile, practical and adapts to find a solution in a complex and dynamic environment;
• Personable, engaging and quickly builds rapport with stakeholders to find constructive, collaborative solutions;
• Adaptable with strong project management skills, commercially astute;
• Capable of finding creative solutions to ensure positive experience for all;
• A self-starter capable of creating, and subsequently working to, a detailed project plan;
• Calm and effective in pressurised situations;
• A sharp eye for detail and professional delivery.
Please email the following to email@example.com:
• A covering email and;
• Your curriculum vitae (PDF version).
Please title your email using the format: SOM_First Name.Last Name.
Due to the high number of applicants expected for this role, Yorkshire 2019 will only be able to respond to successful applicants.