Job title: Para-Cycling Competition Services Manager
Reporting to: Para-Cycling Event Manager
Salary bracket: £30,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Contract Type: Fixed term March - October 2019
Application close date: 17 Feb 2019 (23:59)
In September 2019, Yorkshire will host the UCI Road World Championships (the ‘Championships’). The Championships will run from 21-29 September 2019 and will commence with the Yorkshire 2019 Para-Cycling International, a ground-breaking paracycling event which will act as a qualifier for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. The event will feature every Paralympic road racing discipline and take place in front of one of the largest crowds ever assembled for an elite para-cycling event.
The one-day event will comprise of races for four groups of disabled riders (blind and visually impaired, athletes with cerebral palsy, locomotor disabilities and hand-cyclists), forming a total of 13 classifications for men and women. Those riders racing the longest distance will start in Beverley, the shorter courses will begin along one continuous route covering Tadcaster, Wetherby and Harrogate.
The UCI Road World Championships will be one of the biggest international sporting events to be hosted in the UK in the coming years with the format, size and scale of the para-cycling event representing a new scale in delivery and profile of para road racing. Yorkshire 2019 Ltd (‘Y2019’) has been established as the organisation responsible for the delivery of the event. The organisation’s head office is in Leeds, the role will also require time in the race locations noted above.
Yorkshire 2019 Ltd is looking to recruit a Para-Cycling Competition Services Manager to work with the Para-Cycling Event Manager, UCI and British Cycling to ensure the successful delivery of the Yorkshire 2019 Para-Cycling International.
The individual should enjoy collaborative working with multiple stakeholders and have proven skills managing para sport competition.
2019 ROAD WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS YORKSHIRE GREAT BRITAIN
The Para-Cycling Competition Services Manager will:
• Work with Para-Cycling Event Manager and the Route team to deliver the final race format and schedule for the event;
• Liaise with UCI, British Cycling and other para organisations to oversee the sport delivery of the event, including commissaire appointment and management;
• Work with British Cycling with regards to competitor registration, entries, classifications and race management;
• Oversee the delivery of athlete requirements and accessibility needs at race venues;
• Work with the Para-Cycling Event Manager to scope the event time team required, and manage their event logistics;
• Working within agreed budgets create the event services plan providing the best possible event experience to each of their key client groups i.e.: athletes, teams, National Federations and workforce;
• Provide all client groups relevant planning information for the event, including development of applicable technical guides;
• Assist the Para-Cycling Event Manager and the multiple local hosting partners and support agencies in preparing local services and support services for accessible needs;
• Work with local partners to promote the integration of disability groups into the promotion and delivery of the para-cycling races and wider championships.
• Working with the World Championships Services team develop solutions for the integration of the Yorkshire 2019 Para-Cycling International operations into existing championships resources/plans; and
• Within agreed budget source and manage any event resource required solely for the delivery of the Yorkshire 2019 Para-Cycling International operations.
Key knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required:
• Experience of para sport competition management or a good understanding of para sport;
• Good understanding of major sport governing body frameworks including UCI and National Federations;
• Good project management skills and proven track record of delivering in complex, multi-stakeholder projects with tight fixed timescales; and
• Proven delivery of positive customer experience to athletes and federations.
Key competencies and behaviours:
• Enjoys challenge, is tenacious and resilient;
• Personable, engaging and quickly builds rapport with stakeholders;
• Capable of finding creative solutions to ensure positive experience for all;
• Willing to go above and beyond to successfully deliver the event
• Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment where change is almost inevitable;
• Calm and effective demeanour in pressurised situations;
• Team player who can also work on own initiative to seek constructive outcomes;
• A sharp eye for detail, organised with good excel / database skills; and
• Works closely to deadlines.
Please email the following to email@example.com:
• A covering email and;
• Your curriculum vitae (pdf version).
Please title your email using the format: ParaCSM_First Name.Last Name.
Due to the high number of applicants expected for this role, Yorkshire 2019 will only be able to respond to successful applicants.