The Original Baker is a fast-growing company which manufactures savoury pastry in a very traditional and time-honoured way. Over recent years we have gained a much sought-after reputation as a leader in this niche, but rapidly expanding area of artisan food. We are committed to supplying the highest quality products within our market.
Our products are crafted from a modern, well equipped bakery based in Malton, the self-titled Gourmet Capital of Yorkshire. With the business now expanding after recent rebranding, this is a unique opportunity to join a highly respected organisation at a truly exciting phase of its development.
Permanent, Full-time Position (Monday – Friday). Salary £25,000 pa
The Original Baker is looking for an outgoing, ambitious chef or similar with a passion for food and cooking. An ideal opportunity for a talented individual looking to hit the ground running to help further develop the premium product range.
The role of NPD chef will involve;
- Inventing fantastic new recipes and improving existing ones ensuring products are the best they can be
- Liaising with suppliers on new product development as necessary
- Ensuring that potential new products can be manufactured profitability and meet food safety requirements
- Continuously researching the market and staying ahead of consumer trends
- Writing up recipes with costs applied
- Ensuring sufficient hand over and help is given to the factory when new products are being produced to ensure when products are scaled up, they are the same quality
- Supporting the sales team
- Passion and enthusiasm for food!
- Experience of working in a food background
- Good communication skills
- Restaurant experience (preferred but not essential)
- Flexible personality and quick learner
- Able to work to deadlines
- Good understanding of process procedures
Does this sound like the dream job for you? We would love to hear from you!
If you are keen to discuss details further, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note on the day of your interview you will be required to bring a pie of any sorts that you have developed to show case your skills as a cook.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to show case their cookery skills at a later date.