MIDDLEWEIGHT Designer at Welcome to Yorkshire
Welcome to Yorkshire, the official destination marketing organisation for Yorkshire, are looking for a talented designer to join their close knit and experienced team in Leeds City Centre.
It’s an exciting time to join the organisation with a new Chief Executive in place and work about to begin on a range of ambitious and innovative projects on the horizon.
Reporting to the Head of Design, the Middleweight Designer will need a wide range of design and creative capabilities as well as the ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment.
This role is all about fresh ideas and this is what you’ll bring to the table - along with technical design skill. We want to see a really well crafted portfolio bursting with typography, innovative ideas and clever composition.
Communication is a big part of the job, so the candidate must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process.
The specific details of the role will vary depending on task, but common activities will include:
• Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas.
• Producing attractive and effective designs for all media including digital.
• Communicating with senior team members to give and receive feedback.
• Liaising effectively with outsourced marketing clients and other team members.
• Supporting the wider team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects.
You will need a wide range of design and creative capabilities.
• Experience working in digital design is essential.
• Creative agency or previous in-house experience.
• The ability to be creative and generate lots of ideas.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to see projects through from inception to delivery.
• Consistency regardless of project size.
• Good organisational skills which support the rest of the team.
• The motivation to maintain and improve design standards.
• The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve.
• From time-to-time you may need to work hours that aren’t typical, so a flexible approach is needed to get the best from the job.
You’ll be joining an experienced and passionate team, with the opportunity to work across a range of exciting in-house projects and fresh new projects with external clients. Through brand design, creative direction and print collateral you will have the chance to develop new and bigger ideas. You will support the Head of Design with the delivery of quality creative work and enhance your existing skills working as part of an established team on a range of projects for in-house and external clients.
What we’re looking for
We want to hear from someone who has a genuine passion for working at Welcome to Yorkshire. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about their role and wants to invest their time and effort into creating outstanding pieces of work that will promote Yorkshire. We are looking for someone who can work effectively and maintain brand standards with a keen eye for detail. If you are a natural creative with an eagerness to continue developing your skills we want to see your work.
• Assisting with the production of quality creative work.
• Complete fluency throughout the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Working closely within the wider department to ensure a collaborative approach to creative work at all times.
• Working independently on design projects as deemed appropriate by senior colleagues.
• Ensuring that all creative material is provided in correct format for publication/sign off within given timeframes.
• Ensuring all round compliance of creative material to all brand elements such as look and feel and corporate and visual identity.
• Providing ideas, concepts and inspiration at team meetings.
• Generally supporting the team throughout the successful execution of projects and campaigns, including artwork administration and archiving duties.
Send your CV and a covering letter to Will Hodgson.