Overall purpose of job: Support the membership team to drive new business and account manage existing Welcome to Yorkshire members.
- Support the membership team to secure weekly membership meetings through telephone calls to potential members to increase the membership base
- Work with the membership team to identify new events to attend and ways to generate membership leads
- Understand and promote Welcome to Yorkshire’s member benefits
- Account management of Welcome to Yorkshire members to ensure retention of members including calling renewals and dealing with cancellation queries over the telephone and in person.
- Be proactive in generating appointments/meetings either by referral, networking or telephone
- Work with colleagues to support monthly membership events and attend any Welcome to Yorkshire events required.
This role will also require the successful candidate to provide cover for other members of the team during holiday periods and will also require work on ad hoc projects throughout the year.
- A commercially astute individual with sales experience and a proven track record in delivering quantifiable results.
- You will be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences and sectors.
- You will have experience of account managing businesses, ideally in a B2B environment
- This role will be predominantly office based but will require some travel and work across Yorkshire to represent Welcome to Yorkshire.
- Flexibility of hours to suit the workload and working requirements of events (including some evenings and weekends).
- Experience of working within the tourism industry is desirable.
- Experience of selling memberships is desirable.
- Full driving licence and own vehicle is essential.
£18-20k plus bonus
Please send your CV & covering letter to Laura Kirk (Head of Membership).