Maintenance Manager at Holiday at Home
Purpose of the Role
To manage all aspects of the on and off-site maintenance of the Holiday at Home properties ensuring all grounds, properties and services are kept to a 5-star standard. To effectively manage the maintenance team to ensure all staff are aware of their job roles, responsibilities and are equipped to carry out the tasks required. Monitor the spending for the department and authorise payments, ensuring this is within the maintenance budget.
- Leadership- to make sure the maintenance staff know their responsibilities, understand their roles and are trained and equipped to do their jobs. Ensure the team functions in a positive way and to the maximum potential, resolving any issues and clarifying misunderstandings in timely and sympathetic manner to encourage a happy and productive working environment.
- Property checks- Regularly check properties and sites to ensure standards are maintained.
- Job sheets- Create job sheets for maintenance staff, ensure all weekly jobs are completed within one week and all long standing jobs have a clear action and suitable completion date
- Contractors- Organise outside contractors when necessary, manage any projects that are taking place.
- Equipment- Ensure everyone has the correct materials to undertake the jobs at hand.
- Budgetary control- Control the maintenance budget, monitor spending and sign off purchase invoices.
- Tidiness- Ensure the maintenance unit and containers are kept clean, tidy and organised.
- Plant and machinery- Ensure the vehicles are cleaned every week and equipment is well maintained, reporting any damages, losses or defects.
- Reviews- Keep job descriptions up to date, set goals and targets for individuals, appraise all staff every 6 months. New starters should be appraised at 1, 3 and 6 month points after which a decision on a permanent contract must be submitted to the Operations Manager.
- Personal Development- Produce a development plan for all maintenance staff (post appraisal) including setting goals and objectives, set review points and evaluate this at the stated time periods
- Holiday Rota- Record and monitor holiday and lieu time of maintenance staff ensuring a full complement of staff when required
- Call Out’s – Produce a yearly maintenance call out rota distributing this to all senior management and reception staff. Notify the Operations Manager of any ongoing modifications to this. Monitor all call-outs via a call out recording procedure and ensure work is carried out immediately when required
- Guest Feedback – Action and discuss all guest feedback with the Operations Manager. Ensure this is correctly logged and actioned in a timely manner.
- Property Log – Ensure the property log for third party owners is kept up to date and that all items of expenses including staff hours are charged via the booking system
- Health and safety- Review and maintain health and safety standards and ensure team members are working in an appropriate environment with appropriate protection. Take all reasonable steps to ensure the well-being and safety of staff and minimise potential injuries.
- Training- Ensure all staff members have signed off all training documents and are up to date with current Health and Safety legislation.
- Hold a daily briefing with the maintenance team to discuss the day ahead and note all work completed or actioned
- Manage the stock inventory of consumables and ensure replacements are ordered when required
- Action all on and off-site jobs that have been reported via the maintenance reporting procedure
- Ensure all team members are operating within health and safety guidelines
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is returned at the end of the day. Record any losses or damages with the Operations Manager immediately
- Ensure all stock taken for the day is either returned or recorded in the property management file
- Visit all properties and ensure all are being maintained to the required standard
- Attend a weekly business meeting with the Operations Manager and Housekeeping Manager and discuss the outline of work to be carried out
- Create a weekly jobs list for all maintenance staff and update the Operations Manager with the progress of this at the end of each week
- Produce a monthly call-out rota and ensure all relevant staff members are aware of this
- Ensure all maintenance jobs listed have been completed or actioned
- Stock take main storeroom, Brompton reception and all off-site storerooms once a month to ensure adequate equipment is available for the maintenance team
- Attend a weekly budget meeting the Operations Manager ensuring all necessary data and figures are complied.
- Attend monthly budget meetings with the Company Directors and Operations Manager, submitting a forecast proposal for the months ahead.
If you have a real flair and passion to provide the highest standards of self-catering properties then apply with a covering letter and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org