Salary - £dependant on experience
To manage the promotion of the Welcome to Yorkshire brand with a focus on events and festivals. To manage relationships between Welcome to Yorkshire and the promoters of events and festivals in the county. To oversee and provide guidance across all WTY major events throughout the year.
- Ensure the WTY brand maintains a high profile and major presence across Yorkshire and within the UK.
- To broker deals with the festival and events across Yorkshire to ensure collaborative working to achieve WTY visibility throughout the summer season and beyond.
- Responsibility for ensuring the ‘Welcome to Yorkshire’ brand is properly displayed in all media platforms in line with brand guidelines.
- Identify and implement opportunities to promote and display the ‘Welcome to Yorkshire’ brand across all media platforms with third parties and within the company.
- Develop and maintain a full range of branding materials which can be used in a wide variety of settings.
- To work with the marketing team to ensure the timely and appropriate delivery and distribution of printed materials across the county and with members.
- To organise the physical presence of the company at events and festivals.
- To manage the financial arrangements relating to the above.
Events & Festivals
- To initiate, develop and deliver a wide-ranging programme of support to events and festivals across the county to promote the visitor offering through WTY.
- To manage possible sponsorship or contra opportunities/negotiations, contracting, budgeting, finance management and all relationships with external organisations relating to the project.
- To deliver all aspects of sponsorship or contra agreements with third party organisations.
- To work alongside all departments to maximise sponsorship/contra benefits to the company.
- To create, manage, maintain and continually improve the festivals and events area of yorkshire.com working with the digital team.
- To work alongside senior managers, as appropriate, to deliver special projects – e.g. Yorkshire Festival
- To manage the use of the company’s vehicle to ensure it is properly logged and maintained.
- To represent the company at events, conferences, launches etc. as required.
- Responsible for managing casual promotional staff
- Perform such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to confidently lead workshops, events and group activities with a range of clients
- An understanding of the tourism sector and how businesses within it can improve performance
- Good interpersonal relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders and contacts
This is a full time role.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Emma Hudson email@example.com. Closing date: 25th August 2017.