James Places is a dynamic and vibrant growing company with venues based in the Ribble Valley and beyond with The Royal Hotel, The Shireburn Arms, The Emporium, Eaves Hall, Mitton Hall, The Waddington Arms, Holmes Mill and Falcon Manor , all part of the group. So if you are looking for a new challenge, or just fancy a change, James Places has a lot to offer.
• We have passion for what we do – We demonstrate this through the quality of our people, food, service and buildings
• We deliver extraordinary experiences – We do this by having an eye for detail, delighting the guest, working as a team, making this happen!
• We are evolving and embrace change – Develop and grow as individuals, as part of a team and as a business. We will do this through creativity, reward & recognition
• We promise to be genuine, unstuffy and welcoming – Respect your colleagues and the customers, be cheerful, be positive, be friendly, be enthusiastic, be honest & be truthful
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for all staff on shift including front of house and kitchen teams ensuring that they are ready for service, aware of daily business activity and that communication is clear and consistent throughout the day. You'll deputise for the General Manager and assist with admin duties such as rotas, staff files, banking.
• Ensuring customers are greeted, seated and well looked after in line with James Places’ values.
• Acting, yourself, as “the host”, by welcoming our guests and communicating the site’s offers at any given time.
• Acting as a brand ambassador for the Company portraying a professional image at all times dealing with queries and complaints from staff and customers.
• Keeping abreast of any events that are taking place at the venue to ensure all teams are co-ordinated and communicating to meet timings and requirements of the customer.
• Reporting any queries or complaints received to your General Manager.
• Focusing on strong customer service with the motivation to consistently drive high service levels.
• Overseeing the relevant departments to ensure food & drink is served perfectly in an efficient & timely manner.
• Monitoring social media and relevant review websites e.g. Trip Advisor in order to keep in touch with customer feedback and improve service where necessary.
• Acting as an escalation point for complaints and queries not able to be handled by any department.
• Communicating any potential opportunities for positive media.
• Cross selling other sites as and when opportunity arises.
• Promoting the business in the local area, creating opportunities to drive sales and looking for opportunities for positive publicity.
• Assisting with the Head Office Marketing Team to ensure events are promoted and evaluated.
• Setting an example for the rest of the team by being punctual, well groomed and dressed in accordance with James Places’ standards.
• Training, managing and coaching the team to ensure consistent service standards.
• Providing regular feedback and training opportunities
• Effectively performance managing the team & associated administration.
• Maintaining regular communication with the team.
• Holding quarterly “all staff” meetings.
• Ensuring staff noticeboards are up to date, distributing key information to the team including monthly newsletters and “what’s on” information.
• Cascading information from departmental meetings.
• Conducting pre-shift team briefs.
• Motivating and leading the team to success.
• Ensuring staff recognition and praise is actively encouraged by management
• Using customer feedback, social media and other feedback mechanisms to provide timely and regular feedback to staff – supporting the appraisal process.
• Ensuring quarterly appraisal meetings are completed in a timely manner and information is fed into the Head Office talent pipeline
• Assisting with the advertising and recruiting for employees, ensuring the correct process is followed and monitoring the completion of James Places paperwork when Head of Departments are conducting interviews / offering positions.
• Assisting with the induction of each employee to James Places, prior to starting work with the company, helping to arrange convenient date/time and informing the new starter accordingly.
• Seeking regular feedback from staff; encouraging suggestions and improvements.
• Assisting with the security of the building while on shift, helping with the opening and closing of the premises, cashing and closing tills and assisting with safe checks.
• Forecasting rotas for the team, working a minimum of one week in advance.
• Ensuring banking is completed, on time and accurately.
• Ensuring that all Company security procedures are followed in order to ensure the safety & security of stock, equipment & monies at all times
• Assisting managing within financial budgets ensuring targets are met relating to GP, Payroll.
• Assisting the General Manager in forecasting, managing and evaluating budgets, revenue and costs.
• You’ll know what it means to deliver exceptional service, achieve consistently high standards and ensure customers are at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be a hands on manager leading by example to create and maintain a motivated and happy team.
• Experience either as an Assistant Manager, Duty Manager, or a strong Supervisor ready to take the next step, ideally in a pub/restaurant/ hotel.
• Strong customer orientation and understanding of the concept of service delivery.
• Excellent problem solving skills with good judgment and decision-making ability.
• Effective listening skills and ability to coach others.
• Motivated to deliver and maintain a positive outlook in dealing with difficult issues.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.
• Strong personal organizational skills with the ability to balance a number of differing priorities.
• Shares ideas and provides practical solutions to problems.
Job descriptions are not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake duties which are broadly in line with the above responsibilities.
Please contact is Jane Gara email@example.com.