Business Development Executive - South Yorkshire for Welcome to Yorkshire
Overall purpose of job: Generate income by recruiting new members to Welcome to Yorkshire and retaining existing members through account management, this role will be primarily covering South Yorkshire and possibly cover some parts of West Yorkshire.
- Increase Welcome to Yorkshire’s membership base on a weekly basis
- Understand and promote Welcome to Yorkshire’s member benefits
- Account management of Welcome to Yorkshire members to ensure retention of members
- Be proactive in generating appointments/meetings either by referral, networking or telephone
- Work with colleagues to develop and support monthly recruitment events and attend any Welcome to Yorkshire events required.
- Be the face of Welcome to Yorkshire in the areas you cover, attending meetings, networking events and being part of key tourism groups.
- A commercially astute individual with sales experience and a proven track record in delivering quantifiable results.
- You will be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences and sectors.
- You will have experience of account managing businesses, ideally in a B2B environment
- Willingness to travel and work across Yorkshire in order to represent Welcome to Yorkshire.
- Flexibility of hours to suit the workload and working requirements of events (including some evenings and weekends).
- Experience of working within the tourism industry is desirable.
- Experience of selling memberships is desirable.
- Full driving licence and own vehicle.
£22-25k plus commission
Please send your CV & covering letter to Kayleigh Catford (Head of Membership).