Following on from the success of the Tour de France Grand Depart in 2014, Yorkshire now hosts its own cycle race. The Tour de Yorkshire is an annual international race featuring a new route through Yorkshire each year.
Over 2,000 volunteers are recruited annually to welcome visitors to the race and we are currently looking for an Administration Assistant to support the Project Manager in the delivery of the Tour Maker programme.
This is a fixed term position from Tuesday 5th February – Friday 4th May 2018. Flexibility of working hours is required with part time hours, two days a week from February building up to three days in March.
- To support the recruitment of Tour Makers:
- Work with the Marketing and PR team to ensure the opportunity is promoted widely
- Work with local authorities, community groups and partners to gain their support in the recruitment drive
- Data management of the tour maker databaseTo be the first point of call for tour maker enquiries - answering emails and telephone calls
- To help coordinate the allocation of volunteer locations, roles and responsibilities on race day
- Coordinate key communication to tour makers with details of their role and arrangements for the day
- Assist with the booking of venues and arrangements for tour maker training
- Prepare paperwork for training weekends and race weekend
- Be available to work at tour maker training, helping the project manager with delivery on the day
- Work with partners to make arrangements for tour makers on race day
Person Specification and Key Requirements:
- Excellent IT skills – especially use of Excel
- Willingness to travel within Yorkshire to represent Welcome to Yorkshire
- Flexibility of hours to suit the workload and working requirements
- Willingness to undertake weekend work during tour maker training weekends
- An understanding of the role of Welcome to Yorkshire.
Personal Style, Skills and Behavior:
- Develops trust with an engaging, collaborative and inclusive way of working
- Communicates effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrate an ability to deliver excellent results
- High degree of personal integrity - Diplomatic, approachable and respectful being open, honest and responsive
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Rachel Davies, Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 1st December. Interviews will be held before Christmas. For further information and to discuss the role please contact Rachel Davies on 07502 317 895