As we shift towards a relaxation of lockdown restrictions, it is vital that travellers have timely, complete, and accurate information about tourism businesses that are open in Yorkshire. Here are five things to do right now to ensure your online presence is up to date.
- Mark your business as open and make sure your listing and location is accurate.
- Add a COVID-19 update post to your listing to share detailed updates about what’s going on at your business.
- Update your business hours.
- Edit your business description to advise visitors of modified business operations, or extra services you are providing for the community.
2) WELCOME TO YORKSHIRE
- Edit your business listing with us to reflect modified hours, business operations, or extra services you are providing.
- Sign up to TXGB for the ‘book now’ function to be added to your page.
3) YOUR WEBSITE
- Every business in the UK is required to prepare and clearly post a COVID-19 Safety Plan and guidelines on public-facing websites.
- Use VisitBritain’s We’re Good To Go stamp of approval and include a step-by-step guide of your COVID-19 Safety Plan, using protocols and guidance specific to your sector.
- Update your home page to advise visitors of modified business hours, business practices or extra services you are providing for the community and guests.
- Display the digital WTY Member badge along with other accreditations to instil confidence
- Mark your business as open
- If you are open, update your business description to advise visitors of modified business hours and business operations.
- Add a banner to your listing, sharing your response to COVID-19, including new safety precautions and hygiene practices.
5) YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
- Update, update, update! Let visitors know how your business is responding to COVID-19. Show them how safe and welcoming the community is, share your destination tips.
- Review the analytics regularly and adapt your messaging to the new audience looking at your channels.
- Share messages from suppliers and businesses you collaborate with – guests have adopted a #Shoplocal attitude and they want to see you are collaborating too.