BADCOT (Burley and District Chamber of Trade)
BADCOT is a thriving network of businesses and community groups based in the West Yorkshire villages of Burley-in-Wharfedale and Menston.
We work together to ensure that this delightful area between Leeds, Bradford and Ilkley continues to be a great place to live, work and do business in.
For just £5 a month, our members enjoy many benefits, including:
- excellent website and social media interaction
- informal networking and speaker events
- opportunities to promote online and at events
- affiliation to organisations such as Ilkley Business Forum and Welcome to Yorkshire
- signposting to free training, funding and local business events
- lobbying of local authorities and MP on key issues
- lobbying of utility companies for compensation during works
- discounted advertising and liaison with local press
- business card display board
- discount on Christmas market stall and Thrive Yorkshire conference stand
- offers and discounts between members
As well as making regular donations to community groups, BADCOT is proud to have founded and organised the hugely popular Burley Christmas Market since 2003. The market, which takes place on the same afternoon as the Christmas Lights Switch-on, attracts visitors from far afield and is a highlight of the local calendar.
Our membership covers a huge range of organisations – from retailers with shop fronts to professionals working from home, from a theatre group to prominent estate agents.
Whether you're a business based in Burley-in-Wharfedale, Menston or surrounding areas looking for some support, or you're from further afield seeking out a particular shop or service, we look forward to hearing from you!