Y Quality Charter
Welcome to Yorkshire is passionate about promoting Yorkshire. We recognise that visitors have the right to be fully informed, with clear and accurate information about accommodation in Yorkshire. In response to this need, we have developed the Welcome to Yorkshire Y Quality Charter.
This Charter has been carefully developed so that accommodation providers can complete this at the time of signing up for membership of Welcome to Yorkshire.
As a member of Welcome to Yorkshire, I agree to the 10 point Y Quality Charter:
- Working with WTY: To work positively and proactively with Welcome to Yorkshire, its staff and representatives at all times; to provide access to my premises upon request to ensure this Charter is being followed
- Welcome: To provide a ‘warm Yorkshire' welcome to all visitors
- Customer Satisfaction: To have a Complaints Policy that can be implemented speedily and effectively; to ensure that any issues that may arise are resolved by prompt, professional, and polite action
- Quality and Standards: To maintain good standards of service and cleanliness
- Accuracy: To ensure all information provided for visitors is up to date, accurate, provided at the right time and by appropriate methods
- Information: To ensure all information is readily available to visitors, especially with regard to pricing, taxes and payment, and packaged items and extra charges
- Accessibility: To maintain an Access Statement that is regularly reviewed and amended to take account of the needs of visitors with disabilities and feedback received; to fully assist visitors with specific needs, so that they maximise their enjoyment; to ensure facilities and services are reasonably accessible to visitors with disabilities
- Discrimination: To provide a welcoming and caring service to visitors that does not discriminate eg.by gender, race or religion
- Cancellations: To maintain a Cancellations Policy that is readily available for visitors at each stage of their visit - from pre booking, through to after departure
- Legal Requirements: To fulfil all legal obligations and responsibilities (fire precautions, price display orders, food safety/hygiene, licensing, health & safety, discrimination, trade descriptions, data protection, Hotel Proprietors Act, Public Liability Cover).