Ts & Cs
By joining Welcome to Yorkshire as a member, you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions
- Welcome to Yorkshire expects all members to maintain the highest standards of service and professionalism, and to enhance the reputation of Yorkshire as a tourist destination.
- Members should maintain and operate their premises and/or business in acordance with all relevant statutory requirements.
- All members must pay an annual subscription as determined by Welcome to Yorkshire, payment is due upon receipt of invoice or via monthly or annual direct debit.
- The minimum period of membership is 12 months, members will receive a letter in the post the month before renewal notifying of the 14 day renewal period. After this time your membership will automatically be renewed and payment due, unless we receive notice in writing that you do not wish to renew.
- After the initial 12 months membership and after the renewal period has passed, members are required to give three months notice in writing to terminate their membership – a cancellation fee to the value of the three months will be payable.
- Membership is not transferrable.
- Upon cessation of membership no part of any subscription paid shall be repayable to the former member.
- Welcome to Yorkshire may choose to terminate the membership of any member that:
- Welcome to Yorkshire is not obliged to accept any application for membership or give any reason for refusal.
- Members are provided with the services laid out by Welcome to Yorkshire in the description of the membership benefits. Members may be charged a fee for such services and be subject to additional terms and conditions. Welcome to Yorkshire reserves the right to refuse or remove such services without assigning any reason.
- Members providing accommodation must agree to sign up to the Welcome to Yorkshire Quality Charter which can be found on yorkshire.com/membership
- Only current membership plaques and stickers should be displayed. If membership lapses, plaques, stickers and logos must be removed from display.
Welcome to Yorkshire takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your membership. We will not pass your information on to third parties without your permission. However, as part of your membership benefits we may contact you on topics of interest to you such as free and discounted events, courses, offers, services, and competitions. If you do not consent to us contacting you for this purpose or wish to withdraw from any further membership marketing campaigns at any time please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0113 322 3564, however if you do opt out of this it will mean that we will not be able to contact you regarding opportunities which may be of interest to you. This consent only applies to membership marketing and is separate to our email newsletters which can be unsubscribed to within each one.