Ts & Cs
By joining Welcome to Yorkshire as a member, you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Welcome to Yorkshire expects all members to maintain the highest standards of service and professionalism, and to enhance the reputation of Yorkshire as a tourist destination.
- Members should maintain and operate their premises and/or business in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements.
- All members must pay an annual subscription as determined by Welcome to Yorkshire, payment is due upon receipt of invoice or via monthly or annual direct debit.
- The minimum period of membership is 12 months, members will receive a letter in the post the month before renewal notifying of the 14 day renewal period. After this time your membership will automatically be renewed and payment due, unless we receive notice in writing that you do not wish to renew.
- After the initial 12 months membership and after the renewal period has passed, members are required to give three months notice in writing to terminate their membership – a cancellation fee to the value of the 3 months will be payable.
- Membership is not transferrable.
- Upon cessation of membership no part of any subscription paid shall be repayable to the former member.
- Welcome to Yorkshire may choose to terminate the membership of any member that:
- fails to pay their subscription or fee to Welcome to Yorkshire within three months of it becoming due;
- ceases trading or is dissolved;
- is deemed likely to bring Welcome to Yorkshire into disrepute;
- fails to provide an adequate standard of accommodation, thereby generating complaints that are to the detriment of Yorkshire’s hospitality industry.