What’s in it for You?
Promote your business on yorkshire.com and in marketing campaigns
- yorkshire.com receives 11 million page views. As a member, you can benefit from being part of it:
- A dedicated page on yorkshire.com to promote your business and supplier members will get a page on our industry website.
- Add offers and events.
- Potential to be included editorially throughout yorkshire.com in our inspiration sections and in our printed marketing guides.
- The opportunity to take out additional paid for advertising on yorkshire.com in our popular e-newsletters with over 100,000 subscribers and in our printed campaigns.
- Interact with us. Our social media accounts have a reach of over 700,000 followers.
- Invitations to free and discounted social, networking and training events across Yorkshire.
- Attend key annual events such as our Y Conference, Y Hub and Literature Exchange.
- Free entry to the White Rose Awards - the largest tourism awards in the UK.
- Access to use out Visitor Information Charter and Cycling Charter.
Benefit from our internationally recognised branding
- Display our internationally recognised Welcome to Yorkshire plaque with pride, you will also receive a window sticker and logo to use on your promotional materials.
- Receive an official Y badge to wear with pride.
- Order free Welcome to Yorkshire magazines and leaflets to display in your business.
Advice and support
- Specialist in-house workshops on topics such as PR and social media.
- Advice and support from your membership account manager.
- Access to our award winning in-house digital, marketing and PR teams.
- Receive our monthly e-newsletter and Dates For Your Diary to keep you up to date.
- Advertise your job vacancies free on yorkshire.com/jobs.
- Access to our exclusive members only online portal for further advice and support.
Read all about it
- Benefit from Yorkshire press coverage and support. Each year we receive £125m worth of media coverage nationally and internationally for Yorkshire to raise the profile of the region and in turn your business.
- Opportunity for press releases to be uploaded to our new online Y press room.
- Potential to be included in regional and national press trips to Yorkshire.
- Free guide to writing a press release.
- Free access to our image library.
- Free PR workshops and advice from our award-winning PR team.
- Benefit from your my Y card - discounts and offers from Yorkshire attractions and accommodation.
- Take advantage of competitive rates for accepting credit and debit card payments.
- Free initial legal helpline consultation and discounted rates thereafter.
- Free accountancy, customer service and financial consultations.
- Savings and offers from Welcome to Yorkshire supplier members.
Y Quality Charter
*Accommodation providers must agree to the Y Quality Charter when signing up to membership.
Read our Y Quality Charter.
Join now and we'll help you to market your business, make your job easier and help you save money!
For more information, please contact Emma Sanderson, 0113 322 3564, firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Yorkshire
Membership terms and conditions
By joining Welcome to Yorkshire as a member, you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Welcome to Yorkshire expects all members to maintain the highest standards of service and professionalism, and to enhance the reputation of Yorkshire as a tourist destination.
- Members should maintain and operate their premises and/or business in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements.
- All members must pay an annual subscription as determined by Welcome to Yorkshire, payment is due upon receipt of invoice or via monthly or annual direct debit.
- The minimum period of membership is 12 months, members will receive a letter in the post the month before renewal notifying of the 14 day renewal period. After this time your membership will automatically be renewed and payment due, unless we receive notice in writing that you do not wish to renew.
- After the initial 12 months membership and after the renewal period has passed, members are required to give three months notice in writing to terminate their membership – a cancellation fee to the value of the three months will be payable.
- Membership is not transferable.
- Upon cessation of membership no part of any subscription paid shall be repayable to the former member.
- Welcome to Yorkshire may choose to terminate the membership of any member that:
fails to pay their subscription or fee to Welcome to Yorkshire within three months of it becoming due;
ceases trading or is dissolved;
is deemed likely to bring Welcome to Yorkshire into disrepute;
fails to provide an adequate standard of accommodation, thereby generating complaints that are to the detriment of Yorkshire’s hospitality industry.
- Welcome to Yorkshire is not obliged to accept any application for membership or give any reason for refusal.
- Members are provided with the services laid out by Welcome to Yorkshire in the description of the membership benefits. Members may be charged a fee for such services and be subject to additional terms and conditions. Welcome to Yorkshire reserves the right to refuse or remove such services without assigning any reason.
- Members providing accommodation must agree to sign up to the Welcome to Yorkshire Quality Charter which can be found on yorkshire.com/membership
- Only current membership plaques and stickers should be displayed. If membership lapses, plaques, stickers and logos must be removed from display.