An update from Welcome to Yorkshire
12 October 2021
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued support of Welcome to Yorkshire and to update you on the latest news from the organisation.
As you may be aware, Welcome to Yorkshire’s Chief Executive, James Mason, will be leaving his post on Friday 22nd October, to take on a new role in the new year.
I was appointed as Chair of Welcome to Yorkshire in October 2019 for a period of up to 12 months. However, I chose to remain throughout the pandemic and as agreed by the board I will remain as Chair until the AGM, to complete the governance review.
As chair, I was asked to achieve the following:
- Publish the Welcome to Yorkshire BDO Expenses Report and the Clarion Culture, Procedures and Management Report, both have been done.
- Oversee the recruitment of a new Welcome to Yorkshire chief executive. James Mason was recruited at the end of 2019 and joined the organisation early 2020.
- Refresh the Welcome to Yorkshire board and recruit non-executives. The recruitment of new Welcome to Yorkshire non-executive board members was complete by March 2020.
- Oversee the Welcome to Yorkshire Governance Review, which started but was delayed because of the pandemic, the review will be completed and will be an agenda item at the AGM.
- I also made a personal commitment to hold board meetings in public and board meetings are now open to observers.
- Welcome to Yorkshire’s next board meeting is scheduled for Thursday 21st October at 5:30pm and an agenda will be available seven days before. A statement will be released following the meeting.
I will contact you again following the board meeting with further updates regarding the future direction of Welcome to Yorkshire.
In the meantime, it’s ‘business as usual’ and the Welcome to Yorkshire team are enthusiastically committed to working on current projects, with many exciting initiatives in the pipeline.
Peter Box CBE
Chair of Welcome to Yorkshire - Yorkshire.com