Who are we and what do we do?
Forget flat caps and whippets, Yorkshire is a contemporary destination which hasn't neglected its roots. Welcome to Yorkshire has created a fresh, dynamic view of the UK's largest county with its innovative marketing and PR campaigns, not forgetting its contagious enthusiasm which has garnered fans of Yorkshire from across the globe.
Our award winning team has achieved this by being creative and forward thinking but more importantly by working closely with members and partners to build a new confidence in the county.
- £9 billion Tourism is worth to the Yorkshire economy*
- £1.745 billion spend by overnight domestic visitors
- Overseas visitors (international) spend per visit went up by 10% at £567 million
- 149m tourism day visits in 2017
- 26% of all domestic overnight tourism to Yorkshire, come from Yorkshire
- The county's industry employs 224,000 in tourism related sectors, 8.5% of all jobs in yorkshire
*Total tourism spend by visitors £7.3 billion
Supply chain effect on the tourism industry £1.7 billion.
See what we have achieved.